Sunday, January 26, 2014

Burr........

good morning,
Normally, I would not be home right now. Normally, I would be at church on Sunday morning. But, we are having quite the winter. Other than picking my husband up at the airport on Tues. evening, I haven't been out of the house for a week. That is so unusual for me. I am not a sit home all the time person. But, the older I get, the less I like being out in the elements of winter!!!
I have finished two pieces since my last update. I was not able to update after the first finish, because my computer had crashed.
My husband was gone for 5 days, helping our son move. He is in the Army & his location got changed. So, they had nice father/son time......packing up his house & driving to the new location. Our son took him to the airport there & I picked him up here. It was 50+ degrees when he left our son & it was 3 degrees when I picked him up! Welcome back to the cold north!!!!
After he got back home, he worked on my computer & he got it back up & running......yeah!!!!! So thankful to have my regular computer with all of my contacts & passwords, etc.....
I decided to pull out some of the ornaments that needed done. I had done 3 of the PS 12 days of Christmas, but still had 9 to go! Well, I now have two more done. I think I will work on another one this morning, since I normally wouldn't be here, so I can use that time for stitching!
We were given quite a blow this week. My mom hasn't been feeling real well since November. She went to the family doctor with her concerns. Part of her thought maybe it was depression, from losing my brother in Sept. The doctor told her it very well could be that, but he wanted to run other tests before giving her depression meds. Well, long story short.....they have run all sorts of tests. The latest was a biopsy on Friday. They will get the results probably tomorrow, but it appears she has cancer in her lung, her lymph nodes & her esophogus. (sp) Even before the biopsy, the cancer doctor has told her she probably only has 3-4 good health months left. We will have a family meeting with the cancer doctor later in the week.
Ok, I am now frozen from sitting here at the computer & from thinking about that, so I will get this posted & get moving to warm up.
Oh, part of why I am frozen........we are on propane & there is a huge shortage in the midwest. So, we have turned our heat down, to do our part in conserving. Prices have gone thru the roof & we are only allowed a small amount of propane....with having to pay before delivery.
COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Tricia T said...

Yes, we're home today too. I'm set too curl up with my Bible and a cup of coffee in just a few minutes and just watch the snow out the window!!

Great job on the stitching!! It's so fun to complete projects, isn't it?

Sorry to hear about your mom. Those journeys are always hard. I'll be praying for grace for your family.

Blessings!
Tricia

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your ornament finishes, Shari! I am sorry to hear about your Mom. Will keep her, you, and your family in my prayers.

Stay warm!

Robin in Virginia

Cathy said...

I am in Ft Wayne and it is cold here too. My furnace died On New Year's eve. So even though I don't heat with propane I am feeling the effects of paying for a new furnace. Will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear the bad news about your mother's health - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Enjoy your extra stitching time today and try and take your mind off other matters even if it is only for a little while.

It's cold, wet and miserable here and so I think it's time to stitch some more.

Beth said...

So sorry to hear about you Mom. Thinking about you and her and your families.

Barbi said...

Oour winter has been pretty brutal too this year, however we seem to have turned a bit of a corner this last couple of weeks. I am so sorry about the news your mother has received from the doctor's, I hope you can accept my prayers for her and your family. Stay strong!!
Your PS ornaments are great! I stitched them last year and I love them!

Sweet Sue said...

Hiya Shari, we too choose more inside days cause of frigid weather. A small electric heater under my desk is a must, I refuse to be cold when online. Sorry to learn about your mom, sending positive thoughts and strength for you and family in the coming days...

Krista said...

The stitching is so pretty, love anything that has the 12 days of Christmas designs. I hope there is some treatment for your Mom. Hugs to you both.

Sandi said...

Beautiful stitching !! We are all going to be thankful to see spring arrive. I'm sending good thoughts and lots of prayers for your mom and your family during this difficult time.

Barb said...

Nice projects. I agree with you I'm more than ready for Spring. It's been one long, cold, snowy winter that's for sure.

Cindy's Stitching said...

at least your are making the best of being in the house. some nice stitching.

rosek1870 said...

Oh Shari so sorry about your mom. Know that you, your mom and your family will be in my prayers.
Hugs Rose

Julie said...

I'm so saddened to read about your mom Shari, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Two lovely little finishes

Mylene said...

It is wet, windy and cold over here but not as cold as you out there. Here at our side is still above zero degrees while in other parts they are having snow.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending pryers for your Mom and your family.

Love the PS pieces youǘe stitched, beautriful!

Carol said...

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to read about your mom, Shari--please know you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. It's been such a difficult past year for you all...

Your PS finishes are so cute--not sure why I haven't stitched them yet! Maybe later this year :)

Glad your husband got home to fix your computer and so glad your son got moved safely... Somewhere warm--how lucky!!

Take care now and try to keep warm--ha ha! It is -7° here this morning--ugh...

valerie said...

So sorry to hear the news about your mom. I hope the doctors will have answers and make her comfortable. Keep warm!

Catherine said...

So sorry about your mom...will add her to my prayers. Hope you have thawed out a little ~ cute stitches!

Brigitte said...

Oh Shari, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be thinking of her.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She be in my prayers.

Kay said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I realize it has to be difficult. My husband's father has terminal brain cancer. We found out back in December. The way the tumor keeps growing we found out the other day that he maybe has 3 months left. It is so hard to see loved ones have to go through this. My prayers are with your family