Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

EDIT: I am trying & trying to add a picture, but it only shows about 1/2 of it or won't publish at all. I don't know what is going on!!! It looks fine on the camera & on the computer!!! I got the Champ bear, because he is so soft & I love his story & all the patches!!!

I had probably the BEST birthday that I have had in a long time. You
see, DH has never remembered my birthday in the 29 years we have been
married. Well, he has remembered, but not done anything. Well, he did
remember this year, & not only did he remember, he LISTENED & he
PLANNED!!!! Back around Christmas time, the last time we were at the
mall, we walked thru the Build A Bear Workshop store. I LOVED IT!! I
said that some day, I would like to do that. HE REMEMBERED!!
So, he took yesterday off. He said we were going to ________ & then
to the state park. (we love state parks)
We stopped at Hobby Lobby to pick something up for my dad. We then
headed to the mall. I had no idea why. We walked thru Barnes & Noble.
I did good---just looked!!
Then, we walked thru the mall. When we got to BABW, he said we need
to go in here. He said "you are going to build a bear, or a dog, or
whatever you want." He said "you are going to get an outfit for it
too". OOH HOW FUN!!!!!!!! You have to know, this was a BIG SPLURGE
for us!!!!!! I had so much fun!!!
After there, we stopped in one other store, because I wanted to get a
bottle of body splash, since we were there!!!! Oh, it is
heavenly!!!!!! I love it!!
We then went to the state park. We ate our picnic lunch on a blanket
on the ground!!! We then went to walk trails. We probably walked
about 4 miles total! So relaxing!!!
We came home from there. We thought our son would go to supper with
us, but he decided not to. So, we headed into town here & ate supper.
We both saved 1/2 of our sandwich, so we would have room for frozen
custard. ANOTHER INDULGENCE for us!!! It was heavenly!!!!!
When we got home, our son that is in the Army called to wish me Happy
Birthday. It was a fantastic day!!!!
One online group I am in does a birthday card/floss exchange, so that was my stash for the day. I think I have about 15 skeins of wonderful floss!!
Thanks for reading & sharing my special day!!!

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Shari

My DH also never remembers my birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Enjoy and keep stitching.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shari! So, where's the picture of your new "pet" ???

Barb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day....so what bear did you pick I got a Champ bear for my birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had such a nice day! :)

Julie said...

Sounds like the perfect day for you, i'm so pleased you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
{{huggles}}

Christina said...

Glad you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! :) It sounds like you had a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww...how sweet!
Happy birthday !


Gayle~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Meari said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday, Shari. :)

Lennu said...

Happy belated birthday!! Oh you had a wonderful day :)