Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. Monthly Sampler.....


I finished the January sampler last night. This is my 5th finish so far this year, and my 4th of the 15 new project challenge. I love how these are turning out. At first I wasn't sure about the white on this fabric, but it is looking good!
I am using Victorian Motto Sampler Flosses for them & I think they are looking just fine!!!!!
Today, I am going to work on a BRAND NEW start....yes, startitis is strong!!!!! I am going to work on Parson Brown. I coffee dyed my fabric 3 times over the past 2 days. I think I have it good now. I will 'paint' dye it after finished if I think it needs more.
Hubby was up all night....the flu bug has hit him & it has hit him hard. Praying I don't get it. I got the Lysol out & am washing all the bedding, etc....
Thank you to all who have left comments. I sure do appreciate them!!!!

17 comments:

Julie said...

This little finish is adorable Shari

Get Well Wishes for DH

imnverted said...

Very cute finish Shari

CalamityJr said...

Lovely - and your idea to use the same frame is a great one!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a sweet finish! My DH is fighting something right now, too. Hope he keeps it to himself!

Teresa S. said...

This finish with the cardinals is so cute! And 4 of the 15 challenges done already-wow! I only have 1 finish and it's not from the challenge :)

Unknown said...

I really like the January Sampler. You may have cost me - I just might have to get that series. And, switching them out of the same frame is a very clever idea!!

Hope you handy DH gets to feeling better soon and hope you don't get it!

Lynette said...

The January Sampler is lovely, Shari and the white shows up just great!

Sue said...

Very lovely Shari! You are doing a phenomenal job; I have yet to add this project to my projects for 2011; but the year is just beginning!

Love,
Sue

Katie said...

Contests on the cute finish. Hope hubby's gets to feeling better soon.

Vicky said...

That is so pretty, a lovely finish.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great finish! I had that stomach flu the week after Christmas. It's bad. I hope you stay well and your husband gets well quickly.

WendyCarole said...

its lovely

Carol said...

Oh, Shari--so sorry to hear that the flu bug is visiting! I do hope it doesn't hit you, too--ugh!

Your January Sampler is darling--I might have to do this one, too :) And I really can't wait to see Parson Brown take shape--I've loved that ever since I first saw it.

Meari said...

I like it! Congrats on your finish.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thank you for your nice comment on my House Mouse!!!! It was so nice of you and your Sampler it coming along great!!! So waht are you going to start now?

Nancy M said...

Cute finish! You are really conquering them this year already!!

Anonymous said...

the January sampler is gorgeous, I think the snow shows up fine
I wish they sold these as just charts instead of kits