Friday, March 11, 2011

Peppermint Latte Anyone???


Ahhhh, brings back thoughts of Christmas time shopping. One treat that my husband & I like when we do our shopping together, is to stop at Starbucks in the mall & get the holiday drinks. I LOVE the peppermint mocha latte, so when I saw this ornament, I knew I had to stitch it. We only splurge on a Starbucks drink once or twice per year....I usually like to get one Pumpkin Spice Latte in the fall & then our Christmas treat.......
Anyway, back to the ornament! I stitched it on a piece of Enchanted Fabrics lugana. I LOVE how this piece looks on this fabric....it just seemed perfect for it. I have a piece of pink fabric for the back, which compliments it very well.
An online friend sent me her used copy of a Dimensions House Mouse pattern called Hot Fudge. I am going to pull floss for it this afternoon. If they look right, I am going to stitch this on a piece of Mint Julep from Sassy's Fabby's. I LOVE mint choc. chip ice cream, so I thought it very appropriate to stitch hot fudge on a mint fabric.......now, if I could just TASTE the flavor combos that I have talked about in this post..Oh my!!! Makes me want to go get a cup of coffee & a bowl of ice cream..........
have a great weekend!!

17 comments:

Lynette said...

Great ornament Shari and the fabric suits it really well. We love Starbucks too but there aren't so many in the UK so we don't get to sample their coffee very often!

Denise said...

How about a Hot Fudge Malt? Yummy!

Sunshine said...

Congrats on your finish. I look forward to seeing the HM on the sassy fabric....

Mouse said...

OOOOO Hot fudge have got that one as my dd2 is supposed to be stitching it she has got so far and not done any more :( love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

This one is on my must stitch list too! I drink a peppermint latte here at home every morning with that same creamer! :) Looks perfect!

Dawn B. said...

I like this.Congrats on the finish.

Jodie said...

This is sooo cute Shari, I love it!! I also have a thing for Starbucks holiday drinks...I'm feeling sad just thinking about it that it's such a long wait for another Pumpkin Spice Latte LOL!

staci said...

That is a darling ornie! I LOVE the fabric you used too :)

Carol said...

Perfect pink fabric for this cute ornament, Shari. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love the smell of it :)

Hope your weekend is filled with fun!

Blu Stitcher said...

That is so cute. WTG

WendyCarole said...

I only drink black coffee but the stitching is lovely

Mylene said...

A very cute ornament and love the fabric you have used for it.

our daughter likes to go to starbacks, a pity we don't have it here on the island, not even nearby on the other side..really have to go to the city for it.

Debra said...

LOL, you made me hungry.

Nancy M said...

Cute finish! Another thing we have in common....mint chocolate chip is my favorite too.

Unknown said...

HI,
THat ornament came out lovely!!! I bet that peppermint latte taste so good!!!!

Carolyn NC said...

So cute!

Julie said...

A great ornament, perfect fabric