Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mid morning stroll............












around my yard...
It is a gorgeous morning here. The birds are chirping happily....the sun is shining brightly.....the sky is a beautiful blue....
After hanging a load of towels on the line, I decided to grab the camera & stroll the yard. The spring trees are done blooming now, but the spring flowers are really coming on strong. I started out to take pictures of just the columbine, but decided I needed to take more.
A couple of you have asked in private emails about my vegetable garden. I decided to take a picture of it....right now....it looks like an empty dirt plot..but everything is planted. I put the cages on the tomato plants this morning early.
Stitching wise...I finished stitching my ornament for the month of May..this is my 26th finish for the year. I am working on another pen blank for my dad...these seem to take me a long time to do....I am on the second one & need to do at least 6 for him.
Have a wonderful week & enjoy the weather!

11 comments:

Denise said...

Love all the beautiful spring flowers and then a Chrsitmas ornie! I found that humorous!

Think of the pen blank like this 1 down and 5 to go and yes I am being paid.

Rita said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!

Von said...

How pretty it's looking around your house!! Thanks for sharing the flowers. :)

Lynette said...

I'm really enjoying the lovely flower pics you've been sharing, Shari. We don't have a garden, just a small yard, so I'm enjoying yours! Love your new ornament - who's the designer?

Kathy said...

I just love the flower photos. Especially the iris. Those are one of my favorite flowers.

Your finish (WOW! 26!!) is lovely.

WendyCarole said...

lovely flowers.

I suddenly realised yesterday that my irises have not come up this year.

Love the ornament too

Maureen said...

oh gorgeous flowers - thanks for sharing and i look forward to seeing how your veggie garden is coming along.

Mylene said...

wow! What beautiful flowers you have around, Shari.
Love your new finish...it is on my to do list...just don't know where i had put it...

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and lovely ornie

Vickie said...

Love the pretty flowers and your stitching looks wonderful!

Sue said...

You have a beautiful yard Shari; lots of room for a garden too! I hope you have a good crop this year!