Wednesday, February 15, 2012

January in February

This past week, I have focused my stitching on the Waxing Moon January sampler. I was determined to finish the snow on the bottom half. I knew once that was finished, the rest would go much quicker. I didn't get a lot of stitching time last week for some reason, so it is taking longer than I expected, but I DID finish the snow on Friday of last week.
Sat. I didn't get many X's in at all. We had a real fun day. For over a year now, a friend of my husbands has wanted to go up to my parents house to see my dad's woodworking area. It just didn't work out until this weekend! We got up to a ground cover of snow. We called my parents & they had about 6 inches....but...away we went anyway! We ran into whiteout conditions a few times, but made it safely in just a little more time than normal.
What I haven't told you yet thou.....this man's wife used to cross stitch & wanted to try to get back into cross stitching!!!! So....while the guys went down into the workshop, us girls headed to House of Stitches.....
This shop is my very favorite shop to go to. The girls who work there are always so friendly & helpful. Since the weather was so bad that day, only one was working, but that was fine! She was able to help each of us with no problem.
I immediately went over to the WHAT'S NEW bins....that is always my first stop. I found a pattern & showed it to my friend..I knew it would be something of interest to her. She loved it & asked how hard it would be. I told her it shouldn't be too hard at all....She decided that was what she would get, so over to the specialty flosses we headed. As I was picking the colors for her, I grabbed a second set of each as well. I had decided I would do the pattern also....it is part of one of my favorite hymns. I will work with her on getting her back into stitching, once she gets to Hobby Lobby to get the other supplies she will need.
I also got 3 of the 4 LK Sweet Tooth Boxer Jrs. ( an online friend is sending me the 4th one!!) These were on the clearance table..I got them for half price.  I am anxious to start these.....maybe today!!!!! I must do some housework first thou...
Also, while we were at House of Stitches, my aunt came into the shop. I had made arrangements with her to meet us there. We had a piece that she stitched & we framed for her. We were excited for her to see this one, because we were real pleased with the frame that my husband made for this one. We felt it really made the picture pop.
Ok, I must get onto that house work that I mentioned, but boy, would I rather stitch!!!!
My aunts stitched piece..frame made by my husband

Waxing Moon January Sampler, in progress!

New Project to do with Carol H.

The 3 LK I got!!
have a great week & thanks so much for stopping by & for sharing your kind comments. They really do make my day.

13 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwww your aunt stitched piece is so stunning..
i love your stitching so much..
cute new stash..
big hugs cucki xxx

Julie said...

A super trip even with the bad weather.
Your aunts piece is lovely, perfect frame, I agree.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love your January sampler (anything with a red house - I love). Your aunts piece is amazing. Great job on the frame!

Linda said...

Your aunt's piece is gorgeous and your hubby did a great job on the frame. New stash is always fun. I love the January sampler and really must get back to working on mine. Great stitching as always.

Linda

Rita said...

Your wip is looking great!

What a fun day you had with your friend!

Shelleen said...

All the stitched pieces look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

We all love what you do and the work that Duane does also. Keep it up. Dad

Maggee said...

What a neat thing, that you have a new stitching buddy! Have fun stitching the new pattern with Carol! We do love our MBT patterns!! Your aunt's piece is gorgeous! I (again) forgot about contacting your dad but since it is on my mind--will do tonight! Hugs!

Denise said...

Wondered where you've been! Glad to hear you've had some stitching and shopping time. Love the pattern from Waxing Moon!

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a great day, Shari--how nice that your friend is wanting to get back into stitching :)

Love the progress on January... I know how long that snow takes to stitch--good for you for sticking with it! And tell your aunt her stitching is amazing--what an intricate piece!!

Lynette said...

That sounds like a great day, Shari. I'd love to look round a real LNS for a change instead of buying all my stash online. Love the MBT piece. It is on my wish list - a favourite hymn of mine too!

Nancy M said...

How nice that your friend wants to get back into stitching! When anyone sees my things, they never say, "I want to do that!". Your Jan looks great and they white frame looks great with your Aunt's piece.

Vickie said...

You have been busy!!! Your stitching day sounds wonderful!!!

How is your stitching model coming along?