My husband has been downstairs making frames so I said I want one right away for the Oriole picture. He asked what I wanted. I said I wanted one like a 'test' frame I did a while back....he looked at it & said it was oak. I asked him if he had any & he said yes. So, he made the frame & I did the staining on it.
I found the 'recipe' for the stain on Pinterest! It is a steel wool pad, vinegar & used coffee grounds. Simple enough, right? It makes a weathered look finish on the frame.
I thought it pulled out the dark grey of the male real well. Now, I will be able to enjoy my orioles year round, not just in the summer months!
Also this week, we had a second dog here. She was here on trial. I really wanted her to work, but it just was not meant to be. She & Dudley got along great. That was not the issue......the issue was, she thought my house was a great bathroom. I was told she was potty trained, but um......not!!!!!!! (she is almost 3 years old) So, I called the lady & told her it was not going to work out. We met in town & she found someone else to take her.
I have been working, very slowly, on a small project. I am hoping to finish it this weekend, but we shall see...might not happen!
|Dudley & Maggie chillin out!|