Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Finish & Summer Book Finish

My goal today was to finish my Word Play piece & also finish enough books to get to the next level of the summer reading program at the library.
I met the reading goal this morning while walking on the treadmill....I love when the book is so good that I want to keep on walking!
I went to the library to turn in my reading list. They were out of the prizes for the level that I reached. She told me in it's place, I could choose another book off of the free book rack. (that was the prize for the previous level) I was thrilled to get to chose a book....much better prize in my book!
I spotted the book I chose & there was no need to look any further. I have looked at this one online before but just hadn't ever bought it.
I finished the Word Play about 4 this afternoon. I enjoyed this piece so much...I am anxious to keep working on more of them real soon. But, first, I must finish some other things I have going....
Dudley is doing well.....I think he is beginning to feel pretty comfortable with us. We still have our moments, but not like when we first brought the guy home.
January Word Play

Free Book from Library!
have a great week!!! Thanks for stopping by!! I appreciate each of you!

15 comments:

Denise said...

Word Play is wonderful! And good going on the free book - it was waiting for you!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish and a great new book.

cucki said...

Word play are such fun stitching projects..
Sweet new book ..have fun xxx

Chelle said...

Beautiful finish!

Shebafudge said...

Word Play is brilliant! Congrats on the finish.

Marcy said...

word play looks great. congrats on your new book!

Mindi said...

Congratulations on both the Word Play finish and meeting your reading goal.

Julie said...

Super book, and a lovely finish

Nancy M said...

That is a cute piece! I'll look forward to the others. Congrats on your reading goal too!

Carol said...

Finally catching up after returning from the beach, Shari--just love your January word play finish... I can't wait to start these next year :)

What a great book, too. I'll bet you can find some cute animal designs to stitch for the boys!

Vickie said...

love the stitching! Congrats on reaching your reading goal!!!

Brigitte said...

A Word Play finished, congratulations! That free book looks gorgeous. I can understand that you loved this prize better than the other they were short of, lol.

Mary Ann said...

I love your Word Play finish!! And, what a great reading prize book!

Unknown said...

Love those word plays - they are on my never ending wish list!

Great prize too from the library.

Dee L said...

Can you tell me the name of your library so I can look at their website? I'm interested in how the book reading contest was set up. I'm on the board of my city library and we're always interested in ways to keep people coming in and reading.
lucasd329@gmail.com
Thanks! And beautiful finish. I'm tempted to try doing all of the Word Plays too.