Friday, August 10, 2007

short on finishings





Hi all,

I had about 7 pieces laid out that I wanted to finish today. I am just too tired to do them. I am afraid I will mess them up, so I stopped with two.

I stitched the little Amish girl this week, so I knew I wanted to finish her right away. I did her for a SAL in one of my groups.

The Joy ornament was also for a SAL in the same group. I did this one last year. (it is M Designs)

I stitched the Brittercup "gotchya" for a shop in Kansas. A friend was telling me about this shop. It was destroyed by a tornado this spring. The gal is reopening her shop & needs stitched pieces to make the walls look welcoming. My friend's shop is doing what they can to make this happen. Many people are donating their stitching time to do these for them. I really enjoyed stitching this & it feels good to know I did something to help someone in need.

The last picture is my WIP. It is Emma's Garden by Plum Pudding Needlearts. I am doing it on Sassy's Gray Flannel. I love it! I am using Needle Necessities Bougainvillea floss.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

10 comments:

Susieq said...

Shari, what is the name of the shop. I have several cross stitched pieces that you can still get, but my LNS decided they didn't have room or no longer wanted to carry them. You can leave a message for me on the LHN message board.

Meari said...

Everything looks wonderful, Shari. You've been so busy stitching!

Kim said...

Cute finishes Shari! Congrats!

Love your WIP!

~Kim~

Anonymous said...

Nice finishes; love the Britty Kitty especially :)

Anonymous said...

Love your finishes Shari!

Lori

Vickie said...

Everything looks great! Very cool finishes!!!

Mylene said...

Beautiful finishes, Shari. Congrats!

Kajsa said...

Love the finishes! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Shari, your finishes are so nice. I enjoy checking them every week.
Brenda

Lennu said...

Hi Shari! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a beautiful blog here. Finishing Fridays are a great idea, all I can say is WOW, you've been busy stitching and finishing! I've added your blog to my reader and I will come back when you update :)