Thursday, September 2, 2010

the decision was made





THANK YOU EACH & EVERY ONE!! I so enjoyed the comments about which fabric to use on my little freebie finish. I had pretty much decided which one I would use, but I thought I would open it for discussion. I appreciated your views on why or why not you would use which you chose.
I love both of the fabrics, for different reasons, but I went with the leaf patterned one for this finish, because the colors just seemed right for it.
I also have finished the Sept. block of Sylvia's SAL. Each month, I think 'oh this one is my favorite' & then the next month, she comes out with an even cuter one! I really loved the little scarecrow this month.
I am now back to working on my B. Potter piece. I have a goal in my head, so I am going to see if I can meet my goal. Originally, I had said the end of the year. That meant doing 2 motifs per month, with 2 extra motifs. Well, I think we all know how busy the end of the year can get! So....I decided maybe I need to move my deadline up a little!
I am also attaching a few pictures of our 'ghost chili' plants. I have grown these from little seeds that I won on E-bay. As you can see, we never put them in the ground. We have them in ice cream buckets. We didn't want to risk the local critters feasting on our plants. So, each night, I bring the buckets in the house & then put them back out in the morning.
If you don't know about ghost chilis, I suggest you do a google search about them! They are supposedly the HOTTEST pepper in the world!! NO, I WILL NOT BE EATING ANY!!!! I am a wimp when it comes to peppers!!!! My salsa recipe calls for 15-20 jalapeno's. I use 10 & that is too hot for me!!!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend everyone! I hope you get some stitching time, along with other activities you enjoy!

18 comments:

Kathy said...

That sal is adorable. I can see why you say you like each one best. :)

As for the chilis. No thanks. I don't care for pepers of any kind. :) But the plants look healthy. If you don't eat them who are you giving them to? Oh, I know. People you don't like. LOL

Carol said...

I just love the little scarecrow, too, Shari--you have done so well in keeping up with the SAL all year. Glad you went with the leaf fabric--it looks perfect...

Ghost chilis? Never heard of them--I can't eat spicy food at all, but one of my sons loves to be dared to eat even the hottest peppers. Will have to tell him about these!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Mylene said...

Congrats on finishing the SAL. This is cute but my favorite was last month and february block.

Great job on the pinkeep finish and the 'Ghost chilies' looks healthy. I do like a bit hot on a few recipes but i'm afraid this kind is too hot for me.

Unknown said...

Your SAL is so cute and I can understand how you would like each block better. I am going to try my hand at finishing some of my pieces this weekend. I only hope they turn out half as well as yours.

Ghost chilis are really scary - LOL. I couldn't eat them, but my DS#1 would probably love them.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Katie said...

Your WIP is fantastic. The fabric you picked is perfect. No Thanks on the pepper plant haha.

Vicky L said...

Your pinkeep came out beautiful. Especially love the leaf material with the cording. Your sal is coming out beautiful. It is very cute.
As for the ghost peppers, I will not try them for anything. I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food. What are you going to do with the peppers? If the critters got a hold of them. I bet they would never come back, lol!

Debra said...

Everything looks great. So who does eat the pepper?

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have never heard of tjose peppers.. Of course, I don't take to Hot things.. But interesting.. I love the finish of Boo. I didn't know about this freebie.. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Shari, it looks lovely! I just loved the fabric with the leaves; it just seemed so appropriate for this piece.

Nice job!

Nancy M said...

I just left a comment on your other post....the colors of the finished pinkeep are totally different than the first ones! I thought you used blue threads and that the leaves had blue in it too! How strange! It looks great on the yellow material and the fallish leaves. No ghost chilis for me!

Unknown said...

Hi,
The sal is coming out great!!! I bet my dad will enjoy ghost peppers!!!

Unknown said...

Your Sylvia's SAL piece is looking great! Nice job on the cute little pinkeep too!

Brigitte said...

I love Sylvia's SAL very much, she comes up with great ideas each month. And your little Boo pinkeep is so cute. I love the yellow fabric you used for it.

Lori's page said...

As always you are very busy with such nice things, love it. There is a blog award at http://lorispage10.blogspot.com/2010/09/beautiful-blogger-award.html, check it out!
Have a wonderful week, Lori xxx

Mary said...

Your pinkeep looks great, Shari. The leaf fabric is perfect for it!

I love Sylvia's SAL, too. It's a happy piece!! Can't wait to see what's ahead in her remaining blocks....HOLIDAYS!

The ghost chilis look to be thriving. I like milder spicy food but leave the "hot stuff" for the boys :) (*HUGS*)

Meari said...

Your finishes look great, Shari.

Julie said...

So behind with blog reading here, sorry!

The SAL piece is so colourful, that scarecrow guy is so cute. Love the little freebie design too, perfect fabric choice

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Just love that SAL - why do I always miss these things??

I wouldn't be trying those chillis either - I don't like my food too hot!