Monday, October 25, 2010

pumpkin patch photo album





I don't know about you, but when I go to bed, I don't go to sleep. I go to work......well, at least my brain does. Last night, when we headed back, as soon as my head hit the pillow, my brain started working. It decided that I needed to make a photo album for all of the adorable pictures we took at the pumpkin patch. You see, between my DIL & I, we took between 200 & 300 pictures. I thought to myself that I would stitch up the little SanMan chart....did someone say pumpkin. Then, I thought I would go thru fabric that I already have & use it for an album. I knew I had spare albums stocked up. See, no cost involved thus far.
I told my husband I couldn't go to sleep because my brain was working & I told him about it. He said as long as I didn't have to buy anything. So........I told him, I thought I had everything except the printed pictures & MAYBE pages...I haven't decided yet if I will buy pages or if I will make them out of card stock paper, which I have already too!!!!
So, when I got up this morning, I searched & found the Sanman pattern. I pulled all of the supplies & even stitched one row. At that point, I thought to myself...why not see what I had in my ALREADY STITCHED BIN. Well, I found several pieces that would have worked, but the one I chose was perfect!!!! So, the sanman one is laying there, waiting to be done. I am going to stitch it & use it for a pumpkin only recipe book!!!! I love cooking/baking with pumpkin, so this will be perfect!
I am also working on a few WIP pieces & will update with them at a later date. Have a great week!!!
Thanks for all of the kind comments!

11 comments:

Hazel said...

I know exactly what you mean!!! I think that is why I don't sleep very well as I always have an idea for a new project running through my head. Now what will it be tonight?? I have seen a granny square jumper which sounds awful but so completely isnt. I guess I'll be thinking of that all night now. xx

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Oh what lovely photos! Thanks for sharing :) At the moment, when I go to bed it's straight off to sleep until the alarm goes!

Carol said...

I do my best creative thinking in the middle of the night, too, Shari! Sometimes I even write my thoughts down 'cause I'm afraid I'll forget them by morning!

Glad you captured the memories of that special day in the pumpkin patch in your new photo album--the boys are only this age once :)

Meari said...

Very rarely does my mind continue to work when my head hits the pillow. Usually, I'm too exhausted, lol.

Love your idea, and the photos are precious. I really like the one of the boys from the top.

karmyl said...

Don't you love the "already stitched" bin? Wonderful idea for delightful photos!

Unknown said...

Your boys are just darling!! But, it must be a challenge for your DIL!

I do like your choice of not only the stitched piece, but the fabric on the album. Great job!

Can't wait to see your SanMan finish!!

Julie said...

I tend to wake in the middle of the night with an idea, then it keeps me awake thinking about it

Carolyn NC said...

What a cool idea! And what great pictures of your sweeties!

Mylene said...

Don't have that these days, just too tired...i miss my reading in the evenings too.

More great pics of the boys. I hope you are having a good day.

Cynimin said...

That's a great idea to have an album with recipes for certain items! Oh no...now I'll have to re-do my cook books! LOL

Nancy M said...

More nice pictures from a fun day had by all! Thanks for the link to the local patches too! I'll have to remember that for next year.