Friday, April 22, 2011

An Easter Finish and an Excellant Mail Week!





I loved Sew a Brown Bunny by IStitch from the moment I first saw it. In fact, I ordered the pattern immediately, but just stitched it this week. I finished it up on Wed. morning. This is finish #22 for the year. It is stitched on Legacy lugana by Picture this Plus, 32 ct. I used Vicky Claytons silks for my floss choices...They are Imperial Green 3333 and Quern Stones 5165. I made it into the little pillow this morning. The fabric that it is laying on is the fabric that it is backed with. Bunnies are special to me, because we raised rabbits while I was growing up & then my own children raised rabbits while they were growing up.
This week the mail lady has treated me wonderfully, thanks to three very dear ladies. First of all, I won a blog giveaway that Mouse had a while back. She sent me this beautiful Needle Pillow. It is finished so beautifully...thank you so much Mouse!
Second, I received these great acorn buttons from Tina....she saw my squirrel finish & thought these would go great on it & they will!!!! Thanks so much Tina.
Lastly, I received my exchange package from Pat. We were to create a scissor fob for our partner. She stitched this beautiful hummingbird fob for me & included all the other goodies in the picture.....she was spoiling me wonderfully!!! Thank you so much Pat!
Also this week, I have gotten all sorts of freebies in the mail that I have sent for. I have gotten back into couponing very much & sending for free samples....it is great to go out to the mail & see another package....I can remember for sure this week getting: Orville Redenbachers new microwave popcorn bowl, a small container of lady's deodorant, a small bottle of shampoo, a recycleable cup filled with Breva creamer coupons..one of which is for a free bottle, Tide stain release tablets, & a sample of men's shampoo. I think there were a few more, but I am drawing a blank right now.
I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a very Blessed Easter...and thank you for supporting me thru my blog.....each of you is so important to me......

19 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Finish #22, you're putting us to shame:) Love it!

Rita said...

I love the little bunny piece.

What a wonderful mail week you had!

Mylene said...

Oh i love your bunny pincushion and such wonderful goodies received. Enjoy! I see the mag. Cross Stitch Crazy, i so miss that one..had to stop my subscription a couple of years ago.

A happy and blessed easter to you and Duane!!

Michele said...

Love love love Sew a Brown Bunny! and great mail :)

Happy Easter!

Nancy M said...

Nice exchange pieces and such a fun week going to the mailbox too!!

Karen said...

Love your bunny finish and all of your goodies!!! You have had a great week.... happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Pretty Sew a Brown Bunny! Wow! You have been getting a lot of great mail. What a change from only getting bills. Enjoy!

Mouse said...

I do love that bunny chart :)glad you had a wonderful week of goodies :)and long may they continue :) Happy Easter to you all :) love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

Your bunny pillow is the cutest, Shari--love the backing fabric for it, too...just perfect!

You received such cute things in the mail--it was your lucky week :) It's always nice to receive a package rather than just flat envelopes, isn't it?

Wishing you a joyful Easter, Shari!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Yes,you really did have a great week. I love the stitching and what nice gifts you received.
Enjoy your blog.

Tina said...

You're welcome Shari, can,t wait to see what you will do with them lol!

Sunshine said...

Congrats on another finish! Looks Great!!!! Love your mailings too!
Happy Stitchin!!!

Nan said...

I love the bunny pattern too! Its next up on my stitching list. You did a beautiful job finishing it.

Carolyn NC said...

Great finnish and awesome goodies!

Unknown said...

Hi,
Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!

Lynette said...

It looks like you have had a great week Shari. I live your brown bunny pillow - I have been eyeing up that pattern myself!
Enjoy all your goodies!
Wishing you a very happy Easter too!

Julie said...

I love this little chart, such a super finish Shari

A wonderful mail week for you

Sue said...

Shaari, Your little bunny is so cute! You did a lovely job.

All the goodies your received are wonderful too; love the hummingbird scissor fob.

Hugs,
Sue

Joanie R. said...

Shari..this is Joanie from Joanie's Place blog. I have not been able to figure out how to get you to my blog except for this....click on my name and it will take you to it. There you will find the place you commented on the Precious Moments books...if this doesn't work, we'll just forget it....
Joanie R.