Monday, April 4, 2011

Three finishes in three days!





I keep putting off updating my blog. I think...I will do it after I do this....or I will do it after I do that..... If I keep that up, it will never get updated.
I wanted to wait to update until I made my April ornament into an ornament. I am not sure how quickly that will be happening. Maybe Friday...I need a FINISHING DAY.
I also keep saying I am going to wait until I can announce that I have updated my sale blog. I did update it last week & did sell somethings, but I have so much more to add to it, including some fabric I will never use.
So...here I am, to update with neither of those things ready!
First of three finishes was my squirrel, to go along with the fawn. I love how he turned out. My husband says he looks evil thou...something about the face.. He is finish # 16 for the year.
Second, was part 6 of the Easter SAL...I am truly loving this piece & I anxiously await each piece each week. Just 2 parts left.
Third, I started & finished my April ornament this weekend. This is out of an OLD JCS ornament issue.....the 1997 issue! I saw this & loved it immediately. It is finish #17 for the year. The little boy I babysit for loves trains, so he will love to see this when they get back from vacation.
This week is spring break, so I am not babysitting.
I started a freebie tonight that I found the other day....can't wait to see how it turns out & it is another that will need finished this week.
A dear friend brought me two more violet plants. They are so pretty! The one has flowers that are nearly white, but with a small patch of color on each flower. I rearranged my craft room so they are right in front of the window. Oops!! I can't find the picture...next time!!!
Lastly, I took a picture of my crocus the other day before the heavy winds destroyed it.
Thanks so much for stopping by & for your continued interest in my blog!
I would love to learn how to put words under my pictures like so many of you do, but I haven't figured that out yet!!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that's one hot needle you have their, they are all lovely I especially love the SAL I tried to get in on this but was too late.

Blu Stitcher said...

Great job. They are all lovely.

Unknown said...

Great work and i think that little boy will be very happy with his train,i can't help you with the text thing, i'm trying to find that out myself.


Hugs Yvon.

Denise said...

17 finishes this year...Wow! Do you think you will hit 50 be the end of the year?

Not sure I agree about the 'evil' squirrel - I thought he was cute.

Mouse said...

Hi Shari you have been busy :) when you put your photo on there should be an option to add caption .. click on that and you can write about the photo there :) and Shari can you go and read my blog pleaseeeeeeeeee ;) love mouse xxxx
www.talesofastitchingmouse.blogspot.com

Tina said...

WOW, you just whip up like that....oh my....I can't even find my squirrel lol.....Shari send me your mailing address....I got something for your squirrel........:)

Carol said...

All are so pretty, Shari! I don't think that squirrel looks evil at all--just cold! He's very cute... Congratulations on 17 finishes--that is great! Keep up the good work :)

Enjoy your "kid-free" week--I expect to see lots of stitching progress from you as a result :)

Julie said...

Speedy needle, thats what your new name is LOL beautiful stitching Shari

Meari said...

Nice finishes, Shari. And pretty crocus. I don't have any blooming flowers yet. Boo. :( Where is your sale blog located?

Von said...

Love all your latest projects, Shari, as well as your sweet crocuses. I need to get out and snap some pics of my tulips that have started to bloom. Hurrah for Spring!

Sherre said...

Nice finishes, and a fun variety of pieces! Love the sweet, purple crocuses, too!

Unknown said...

Three very cute pieces! I know what you mean about putting off updating the blog - I do it all the time!

Katie said...

Great pieces there. Keep up that gorgeous work. I would love to hear more about your fabric for sale. I like all fabric but linen. Let me know when you figure out what you want to get rid of.

Nancy M said...

Cute finishes, boy you have been busy with the needle lately!!! Can't believe how many finishes you've had already!

Mylene said...

WOW! You've been busy Shari, beautiful finishes and such a lovely flower pic.
Hope your week is going well.