Monday, April 18, 2011

Violets & two finishes Finished!!





A while back, I posted pictures of the violet plant my mom gave me. This morning when I went in to water them, I couldn't believe how many flowers were open. There were a bunch open yesterday when I was in there, but this morning, it was like they had exploded over night. So....the picture of the purple violets is the one my mom gave me. The other one was given to me by a very good friend of mine. I don't know if it shows in the picture or not, but these violets almost have a shimmery look to them.....so pretty!!! I am so thankful that I am keeping these alive.
I finished my April ornament finish into an ornament this morning. I always like the Prairie Schoolers done with the felt finish, so once again, that is what I used.
My other finish/finish for today is the freebie Easter SAL from the Novalee2 blog. I decided a drawstring tote bag would be cute for this.......a bag to carry around all of those eggs found at an Easter egg hunt....
Have a great week & take time to reflect on the holiday we are about to celebrate...

12 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful finishes and violets.

Michele said...

sweet finishes! and lovely violets :)

CalamityJr said...

The fabric for the SAL bag is perfect!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your violets and finishes are just wonderful!

Unknown said...

I like your train and the easter bag looks like it can hold a lot of eggs.
The flowers on the violets are looking good!

Hugs Yvon.

Mylene said...

Lovely flowers, Shari. And great job on your finishes. I was looking for an appropriate fabric for the easter SAL as i would like to finish it into a flatfold but haven't found a good one so i'll wait till i go to the shop later this week.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I would like to share a story with you everything I see your flowers and plants it reminds me of my mother !!!! you and my mother would be great friend talking about flowers and plants!!! All finishes cames out so pretty just in time for Easter!!!!

Carol said...

Such a cute way to finish your little SAL piece, Shari! And your ornament is darling, too. Good job on keeping up with those monthly ornaments--I still have to do mine for April.

Wish my violets looked half as good as yours :)

Lynette said...

That little train ornament is so cute, Shari! I've not tried the felt finish - is it fairly simple to do? I love the bag you made with the Easter design too!

Nancy M said...

Congrats on finishing the Easter SAL AND for making it into a tote! Great idea. Nice finish on the PS school. Great job on keeping the violets in bloom, I have a cyclamen from Christmas that still hasn't died! That's a good thing!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Love the train finish - also the flowers - so pretty :)

Julie said...

Violets look beautiful

Brilliant easter bag finish for the SAL, great idea