Monday, January 5, 2009

after Christmas gifts




At church yesterday morning, some dear friends of ours presented us with a wonderful gift from them. They are missionary's in Brazil & they are heading back today. They have been in the US for about 6 months. They gave us a beautiful hand carved piece, shaped like the country of Brazil. We love it.
My brother & his family came over yesterday & he gave me an ornament that he stitched for me. (he has taken up stitching within the past year) My husband will get it so that I can hang it on my tree!
I am also attaching a picture of my New Year's Eve start. I have 3 HUGE projects for the start of the year, plus the model I am working on. I forgot to take a new picture of it, but I will later this week.
I am doing the Beatrix Potter SAL, which is what the attached picture is. I am also doing Quaker Christmas by Bygone Stitches & Little Drummer Boy by HAED.

5 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Wonderful gifts & great projects you've started!

Julie said...

Great gifts, lovely work by your brother. Nice start on the BP too, not started mine yet.

LoriRay said...

What a neat gift from the missionairies! Also, how cool that your brother stitches and made that ornament. Excellent! :)

Cindy F. said...

Pretty gift from your brother! He did a great job:) and what a nice handcarved gift from your missionary friends!
You have some great projects and goals for 2009! I can't wait to watch them all progress!

Mylene said...

Great gifts from your brother and your friends.
Looking forward to see your progress, you have quite some goals for this year.