Friday, January 9, 2009

Model progress & HAED start




Now that the holidays are over, I am plugging away on the model I am doing for Stephanie. It is such a beautiful design. I have never stitched something this large on 28 ct., over 1. So, it is taking me longer than I anticipated. I really have got to get a LOT done. I am devoting most of my stitching time to it, but I also am involved in a couple SAL's. I am doing the Beatrix Potter SAL & a small group of us are doing a HAED SAL. My piece is the Little Drummer Boy.
The HAED SAL is on Fridays. I was out of town last Friday, so I did my Friday work on Monday. I had 218 stitches done. I worked on it this afternoon while the little guy I babysit was napping. I now have 400 stitches in it!! Wow, moving right along, huh?!?!!?
I will devote more time to it, after I finish the model. It is my priority right now.
Thanks for looking & thanks for commenting! It is so good to see that people read my blog!!!!!

14 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Model looks beautiful so far! Good luck with the other stitching!

Cindy F. said...

Wow Shari! Your model piece is so beautiful!! Good work girl!!

And great progress on your HAED!!I think the secret is slow and steady:)

Katie said...

Your Model is adorable so far. I love the HAED. They grow slow but they are gorgeous.

Stitchabilities said...

That does look pretty!!

Sherre said...

It looks awesome, Shari! You know I've added this pattern to my wish list now because of you! :-)

Julie said...

Your model is so pretty Shari, its going to be a gorgeous design.

Nice start on the HAED too

Cindy said...

The model is very pretty!

And your HAED start is moving right along.

Debra said...

Everything looks good. I thought you would have started a few baby things by now.
Debra in Indiana

Kajsa said...

Congratulations on the baby news! The model for Steph looks great!

Wendy said...

Your model looks beautiful. I love the HAED. I should make one also some day, they have very nice patterns. I will come back to look at your progress.

Unknown said...

Great progress on your model!! It's so pretty! And before you know it that HAED will start to take shape!

Mylene said...

The model is looking beautiful, Shari.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meari said...

Your WIPs look great, Shari!