Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stitching afternoon!



I try to organize a stitch in at my house about once every 6 weeks or so. Today's group was very small!!!! I had one person show up. But, you know what?!?!?!?!!? We had a wonderful time, stitching & catching up.
I had won a contest on the group that Debra & I are in, so she brought the prize to me, instead of mailing it. See attached picture for the wonderful gifts I received. The contest was for the person with the most finishes that weren't finished! I realized after the contest ended that we didn't have a category for most finished finishes! I have LOTS of those too!!!!
She then surprised me with a lap quilt that she made. She has been making a lot of these & I was totally surprised when she gave me one!!!! I love it!!! And it is cold enough today, that I KNOW I will be covered with it before the day is done.
I hope to post a picture soon of what I was working on while she was here. I had a visit from the frog thou & I had to take out a good portion. I guess that is what I get for stitching TOO LATE at night!!!

8 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a great afternoon! Love the goodies and the lap quilt. Beautiful.

Katie said...

Sorry I missed the stitching time. I did get some errands done and got to stitch some on my own. The blanket is beautiful. Debra does a great job on those! Your prize is very nice too. Sorry you had to do some frogging. Hope to be able to come next time.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!! How absolutely wonderful! That lap quilt is FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Debra said...

Shari, I had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for inviting me. So glad you liked everything.
All your finishes are wonderful. You get so much done in such little time.
Debra in Indiana

Kim said...

Oh how exciting, new quilt to keep you snuggled while you stitch your new stash! Enjoy!

~Kim~

Julie said...

the lap quilt is wonderful, such a lots of nice goodies. Sorry you had the frog too!

Debra said...

You have been tagged.
Check out my blog.
Debra in Indiana

Mylene said...

Lovely stash you got and a wonderful blanket too. Enjoy!!