Sunday, August 31, 2008

Kindred Spirits Finished


Hello all!!
In the busy ness of this past week, I was able to finish my Kindred Spirits by Charland Designs piece. I was able to work on it in the car to & from the university on Friday & then on the way home yesterday.
I changed out the green & pink flosses. I recently purchased some floss from an ebay auction & the gal asked what my favorite colors were. (it was a grab bag type deal) I told her greens, purples & pinks. The flosses she sent were perfect for this piece. They were so similar to the dmc called for.
Here is the name of her ebay store:Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.

We got our son all settled in at school. I do believe he is going to have a great year. This school seems to be the perfect fit for him & he & his roommate hit it off great from the very beginning!
Have a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend!!!!!

19 comments:

Julie said...

A lovely finish, your VS looks good too. Good Luck to your son, i hope he gets on well.
I'm pleased the kittys are still there.

Veronica said...

That's a very pretty design. Congratz on your finish.

Shebafudge said...

That is really pretty - congratulations on the finish!

Margie said...

this is absolutely beautiful! i just love the colors. and what a great design!

congrats on the finish!

Maureen said...

Lovely finish - gorgeous colours. Hope the kittens are still about!

Sharon said...

How lovely! Congrats on the finish!

Karol said...

Beautiful finish. Well wishes to your son and his school year.

"Magnolia" said...

Shari, Kindred Spirits is beautiful! Happy Dancing with you!

I'm glad your son has settled in well. I know how hard it must've been to see him leave the nest. It's great that he and his roommate seem to be a good match. That will definitely help ease your mind as well.

Happy Labor Day!

Heidi said...

Oooh! What a pretty design! Congratulations on your finish. That always feels so good. I completed a UFO of combined stitching and quilting and I still am on cloud 9. Did you see it on my NeedleNecessitites blog?

You are making your own grape jelly??? I am so impressed. I don't think I have enough grapes for that so can I stop in at your house for tea and a piece of toast with jelly? :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Heidi said...

Forgot to say...great that it is going to be a good year for your son. It is really good when you kids are settled isn't it.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Christina said...

Your finish is lovely, great colors. I just recently got some floss from her ebay store as well. I haven't used them yet.

So happy your DS is all settled. Best of luck to him.

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful finish, Shari.
Best wishes to your son, hope all goes well for him.

Dawn B. said...

This turned out very lovely...congrats on the finish.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Shari!

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on your finish Shari! Those sound like really nice threads that you bought :o)

Yes, the fabric for the Needlework Shop is the Natural Pearl Linen. Get a small piece and try it :o)

Sharon said...

It's lovely. Congrats.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Congrats on the finish!

Olga said...

Congratulations on the lovely funish!

Olga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.