Thursday, April 2, 2009

Earth Sampler Completed!


This was such an enjoyable stitch!!!! I loved every minute of it. I would have had it done so much sooner, but I didn't work on it too much this weekend, while the kids were home. We spent all the free time looking for baby patterns for me to stitch!
This is Earth Sampler by The Primitive Needle. I used a fabric that I dyed myself. I am really happy with how it looks!!! Looks very earth-y!!! I used many different flosses---I used some of the called for colors & some of my own. I used a couple DMC, a couple WDW, a few GAST & a few Victorian Motto Sampler flosses. I loved Vonna's idea for the hand in the bottom corner, so I adapted mine that way as well. I have an idea in my head for the frame, I just need to see if I can bring it to life!!!
Thanks so much for looking & have a great day!!

21 comments:

Jinger said...

Your Earth Sampler turned out beautifully!

Love the Boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Carolyn NC said...

I love it and all the colors you used!

CJ said...

This is the second one I have seen finished, I think I am going to have to get this pattern. I love it. Great finish for you....

CJ

Julie said...

It's beautiful Shari. Love your color choices. Nice job!

Mylene said...

I love your finish Shari, it's beautiful. Love the colours you have chosen for it.

CindyMae said...

It looks just gorgeous! Wonderful job on it!

Milly~ said...

It's adorable Shari. Love the colors. Can't wait to see what type of frame you'll use.

Shelleen said...

congrats on the finish!!

Wendy said...

Wow! That Earth Sampler is so gorgeous! You did a wonderful job on it, and nice how it turned out with the fabric you dyed yourself! Great job!
Hugs,
Wendy

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look how pretty that is! Congratulations :)
It is lovely! I ordered one of Eastside Mouldings Old Shoppe frames for mine...can't wait until it gets in so I can frame it ;)

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Shari! Boy O Boy looks good, too.

Julie said...

Such a lovely design and so beautifully stitched, cant wait to see what ideas you have for it Shari.

Wayne said...

Very earthy. It looks nice.

Sherre said...

Love this one, Shari. I have it, but haven't kitted it up yet! I like the color changes you made! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Shari, One of these days you will not be able to top your last piece. Just keep trying. Love you Guess who

Sonda said...

Looks wonderful! Love the hand-dyed fabric!

Cindy F. said...

Oh Shari!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! and your fabric is gorgeous too! I love this design and just bought it a week ago too!
~~HAPPY DANCE AND A BIG CONGRATS!!~~ on your wonderful finish!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous sampler! Congrats.

Unknown said...

It turned out great!!! Love those colors!

Vickie said...

WOW!! I love all the colors!!! Great job.

Vickie said...

WOW!! I love the colors! Great stitching Shari!!