Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little Blue Hats


what fun stitches!!!!
I had purchased several of these hats YEARS ago & never used them. I have both pink & blue. I remembered them last week & wondered if I had 3 blue ones! I went & found them & sure enough, I had 3 blue & 2 pink. So, a project was born.
My DIL had picked out this alphabet in a magazine I have. I thought they were perfect for the hats. The boys are each being given a color. You can see by the initials who gets which---blue, green, yellow! I will not list the names here, because we aren't telling the names!!!
Each of these took about 2 hours to stitch. They 'came to life' with the backstitching!!!! I love that about the British patterns!!!
Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How sweet :)
My twins wore hats one always got red and the other always got blue :)
That way I could tell who was who from any angle!

Julie said...

They are darling Shari. What a neat idea! I'm sure your DIL will love them!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

TOOO Cute.

Unknown said...

How sweet!!! Those are too cute!!! Very fun!!!

Wayne said...

Awesome job. They turned out real nice. You do fine work. When can we start on the trains?

Mylene said...

They are just soooo cute. Great job! I am sure the they'll love it.

Julie said...

Very cute... cant wait to see your 'little men' wearing them.

Vickie said...

AWWW...how sweet Shari!! These are just fabulous!

Carolyn NC said...

These are so cute!

Cindy F. said...

Oh Shari!! Those are just too darn precious!! I love the designs! Great choices on those precious gingham caps!!

CindyMae said...

Those are just precious!! What a great idea and I love how each one is personalized with the initaials!!