Monday, April 20, 2009

Petites Lettres Rouges finished


This was such a fun stitch. I think I found the freebie on Thurs. of last week. I knew right away I had to stitch it. I have been waiting for the perfect piece for a special sampler. This was the one!!!!!! So, I started it on Friday & finished it this am.
I chose my favorite three colors to stitch it. I used Victorian Motto Sampler Flosses. I used # 120 for the green, I used varigated violet for the purple & I used rose pink#5 for the pink.
I tea/coffee dyed my fabric. The motifs in it symbolize myself & the person who will receive this piece someday. It will not be for a while thou!!!! (after I am no longer around!!!)
Thanks for looking & have a great day!

15 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

I'm looking for it - where did you find it? Thanks!

CindyMae said...

Great stitching! That is really cute and you done so well! Love the colors!

Mylene said...

This is the second time i have encounter this one tonight and still don't know where is it from.

I love the fabric colour you have used and great colour choices.
Congrats on the quick finish.

Kim D Messick said...

Are you entering the contest - I see they only have two entries this far . . .

Sharon said...

Lovely finish!

Suzann said...

I adore this! Okay, I'm going to gather up supplies and start mine.

Julie said...

I love, love, love this color combination, Shari. And whomever receives this piece will have a lovely treasure from a lovely person. Great job, Shari!

staci said...

You did a beautiful job...your colors are so springy and pretty!

Cindy F. said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love your fabric and floss choices!!! Congrats girl!

Julie said...

Beautiful finish. I want to stitch this piece using Vonna's idea which is to add my grandmother's name and DOB to the piece, but I won't get it started just yet. I can't settle on a color to stitch it in and I'm thinking I want some darker brown dyed fabric. Maybe I'll find something to inspire me on the hop next week.
Happy Stitching!

Julie said...

Pretty colours you have chosen for this Shari.

Sara said...

I really love this stitching, Sari!! Congrats. I love how you changed colours. I have finshed it too but in red and pink! Your one is so original! Well done!
Sara in Italy

Kajsa said...

That's a really cute finish!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!!

Meari said...

That's really pretty, Shari!